Saturday, December 27, 2008

checking in...

I am in the middle of my east coast vacation and couldn't be having a better time. Hanging out with Beth's family has been a lot of fun. There has been plenty of good food and drinks going around.

On the Training front this is probably the biggest break from structured training that I have taken since I started triathlon. I have been hitting the gym for some strength sessions and the occasional spin class with Beth.

Part this has to do with my slowly healing foot. The last time I ran was the Xterra tail race on 12/14. I am not too stoked about this but not to worried. It still hurts in the morning when I wake up better feels much better after I loosen it up. I have just been really playing it safely so I can start training full-on when we get back home and start the 2009 season.

That's it. Tomorrow we are heading down to VA to see my family. More good times for sure.

3 comments:

ll said...

nothing beats a christmas/new years break on training and good times with family and friends!

hope your foot heals quickly!

greetings from Brazil!

TRI-ROB said...

Hey bro! Enjoy the family! Be patient with the foot... no seriously... be patient.

Breathe...

Dan said...

sounds like a great vaca. to top it off, the bolts killed it last night - guess they finally got on the JW/BG motivation train! enjoy the rest, and have a great new year