Monday, September 18, 2006

busy weekend...

Another solid weekend in the books.

Thursday:
AM: Swim - Masters - 4000 yards
Lunch: Strength - Core/Stretching
PM: Swim - 1.5 mile ocean swim - Torrey Pines
Run - 45min/6 mile trail run


A lot of swimming on Thursday. I did my normal Masters session in the morning but then met up with Marc and Mike for and ocean swim after work. After the swim Mike and I headed out to PQ canyon for and easy 45 minute trail. I felt good through out. After the run we headed back to Marc's for some food and beer. It was a long day and I think I was in bed by 930pm.

Friday:
AM: Swim - 2 mile ocean swim - La Jolla Cove
Lunch: Strength - upperbody
PM: Ride - 2hr/22mile MTB - PQ canyon

Friday was another solid day. I met Marc and Mike at the Marine Room at 7:15am. Marc and I swam 2 miles while Mike got in a run. After the swim they headed out on a 112 mile ride and I was off to work. During lunch I got in the gym and got my last weight workout before nationals. After work I hit the trails for a ride that was scheduled for Saturday but I wanted to head down to Coronado Saturday to watch the Superfrog Triathlon.

Saturday:
AM: Run - 75min/10 mile run w/ Intervals

This was supposed to be a group workout but nobody showed up. I ended up running on the beach near Torrey Pines and then all the way down to La Jolla cove. I felt really strong on the run.

Sunday:
AM: Run - 90min/12 mile run - nice and easy

I woke up early on Sunday morning and went and surfed for a hour and then hit the trails. I needed to get my run in before 1pm because both the Chargers and Padres were playing and were televised. The run was mellow. I ran all through San Elijo Lagoon and RSF. After the games I surfed again.

Monday:
AM: swim - Masters - 3800 yards
Lunch: strength - core/stretching
PM: ride - 80min/24mile - Steady pace with Sprint intervals

Monday mornings are always rough for me in the pool. I was really sluggish in the pool for the first half of the workout and then picked it up for the second half. With nationals coming up I am done lifting weights but I am still going to hit the gym at lunch a couple times this week for core workouts, and that's what I did today. After work I got in a 24 mile ride up and down the coast. Felt good all day.

That's it for now... Monday night football is on and so are the FIRST PLACE PADRES!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Solid week James! Thanks for the support at superfrog.

That was a brutual game last night, 4 jacks ouch.

You going to Bobke tonight?

-G

Anonymous said...

I like reading your posts because it's nice to know that someone as dedicated as you still makes time for having a life.
-Jessi