Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wednesday 4.26.2006 - Feeling it...

man.. i am tired. it's about 9:45pm on Wednesday night and I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. I don't know if i am still feeling the after effects from the race on Sunday or just from jumping back into training on Tuesday.

I took Monday off and just headed to the gym at lunch to stretch and do some light core work. I then hit master's (swim) yesterday morning and again today. It may be masters swimming that is kicking my ass. I get up at 5am, in the water by 6am, and usually churn out between 3000 - 4000m. The length, distance, and intensity of these workouts are so much more than I thought I would be able to accomplish and I am really enjoying swimming. I wish I would have started years ago.

I also did a brick yesterday with a 70min mountain bike and a 20min run. I felt pretty good and the blisters on my feet arent an issue thanks to moleskin. I just need to figure out how I am going to handle my feet at this weekends race. Right now I am thinking i will just use moleskin and duct tape and still not wear socks. On the other hand the water in Lake Castaic is currently 57 degrees so i may throw on some socks at t1. Still deciding.

They posted the official times from my race last weekend and I am pretty happy with the splits.
swim: 23:25 - 1st in AG (included t1)
bike: 1:14:23 - 4th in AG (included t2) - CRASH!
Run: 29:14 - 1st in AG

well that's it for now... i am going to get more sleep and hit up masters for the third morning in a row. I am sure I will be zombie tomorrow, but I am really working hard to put in a good race at the Xterra West Championships on 5/21 in Temcula. All my workouts leading up that race will be about that race. I am going to start incorporating running on the beach in my tempo runs to get ready for the endless sand at Vail Lake.

ok... time for sleep.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your splits are fantastic! Congrats on the 1st & 4th in your AG. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Watch out for those swim sessions. They sneak up on you and zap all of your energy when you're not looking.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on you AG win! What did you get? I have never stayed for the ceremonies as my husband has waited around for me long enough by the time I get in...
Awesome bike time. Trying to get faster on the downhills...but it's still fun for me.
My next race is in ShowLow. Best of luck in Temecula!
Do you work? I have only done three workouts this week, and now I am getting a cold! (But I need longer recoup time...have been tried all week too...take it easy...!) Do as I say, not as I do! "-)

Anonymous said...

incredible stats. what would have happened if you hadn't crashed? Jeez. that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

good luck this week-end!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the first place!!! Very cool!