Friday, December 22, 2006

It's Official...

Yesterday I finally registered for the California 70.3. I missed a couple of races last year because I procrastinated when it came to signing up. So I dropped the $215 and there's no turning back. I am pretty stoked about doing a 70.3 and what's even better is that my parents are coming out to visit and watch me race. The only race they've witnessed in person was the Xterra East champs in Richmond last summer. They really enjoyed watching me race and are extremely supportive of my racing.

My workouts this week have been solid and I am still feeling really good in the pool. I think my swimming is just about at the level it was prior to Xterra worlds. This mornings swim was a tough one though. One of the reasons is because I went out with some friends last night, had too many jack and cokes, and didn't get to bed until 1130pm. When my alarm went off at 5am this morning I almost shut it off and went back to sleep. I was super tired but I made myself get up. Once I got in the pool I felt good. I ended up having a really solid swim and after the session the coach even mentioned how much stronger/faster I am getting. Maybe I need to go out and have a couple of drinks everynight before I swim.

After my ride tomorrow I will be heading out to Palm Springs to celebrate Xmas with my family and then coming back Sunday morning. Since me and none of friends are going back east/home for the holidays we are going to have a Xmas party/bbq on Monday (it will probably start Xmas eve). Nothing like celebrating on Xmas day with grilled meat, beers, whiskey, friends, and football.

Eventhough Xmas day is a rest day for me I may go for a mellow MTB ride before the festivities. I just got some new shifters put on and I want to give them a go.

Cheers.

No comments: