Saturday, April 28, 2007

it's on...

yep... I'll be racing tomorrow.



I woke up Thursday morning feeling much better, but overall still pretty weak. The bug had passed but I was totally beat down. I stayed home, rehydrated, and just got a lot of work done. Friday I woke up feeling about 85% normal and went for and easy 2000 yard swim before work just to feel it out. I felt pretty good. I followed that up with a 40 min run at lunch and although I was a little sluggish, I didn't feel too bad. The workouts weren't about trying to gain any fitness just to see if racing was a possibility... and they were a good sign.
I waited until this morning to make the final call. I woke up feeling great and finally seemed to have my "everyday" energy back. So I loaded up the truck and and headed for Castaic Lake to pre-ride the course with my friend Paul from up north.

It was hot... really hot. Probably about 90 out on the course. My legs felt ok. Not Great but I will defintely be able to race. The post ride soak in the cold lake water felt great.

One loop of the bike course:


It took us about an hour to spin a loop around the course, very mellow. About 8 miles and 1200+ Ft of climbing. The course is a tough one. Some long, hot climbs and twisted, loose descents. It will be interesting to see what kind of legs I have after being sick all week and not being on my mountain bike since last weeks race.


The rest of the day I will be chillen and my sisters house in LA with my feet up, packing in some calories, and just relaxing. I was back up to 131.5 lbs this morning from an all-time of 127lbs on Thursday morning. TIME TO EAT MY FACE OFF!!!

5 comments:

Cliff said...

Jameson..kick butt on the race..enough said.

Unknown said...

I'm late...as the race is already over, but I hope you continued to feel better and had a good time at the race.

Unknown said...

I checked the results - nice job! Can't wait to hear the race report.

TRI Vortex said...

I'm late on this. Where's the report? Did you "eat your face off" or just eat it? Are you injured? Because one time at band camp....

Anonymous said...

Dude, SECOND OVERALL????

you CRUSHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so frickin' cool. Maybe the enforced rest was a blessing in digsuise, eh?