Sunday, April 08, 2007

Weekly Recap & Baseball! (Recover - 4.1.2007 - 4.8.2007)

This past week has been quite a change from the norm, but in a good way. From a physical standpoint I feel rested and ready to hit it hard starting tomorrow, which is the the poing of a recovery week, but I got most benefit mentally. I have had a lot of fun this week without thinking about triathlon too much. It was just what I need after a disappointing race last Saturday.

I need to keep things in persective. Eventhough I had some quick success last year the race last weekend was almost the one year anniversary of my first triathlon. The
first race I ever did was on 4.1.2006 at Bonelli Park in San Dimas. So in a year I've gone from never having done any kind of endurance event to having some pretty good races both triathlon and running. I am defintely getting pretty stoked for the first Xterra of the season and my training leading up to it.

So here's a bunch photos from the last week. Most are from the Padres home opener and the game last night. Both games were good. They lost the opener 4-3, but came back to win the bottom of the 9th last night. Both nighs were fun and included plenty of beer and greasy food. Today they won in the bottom of the 10th. I'll take a 4-2 start.

Pre-game beverage on opening day:


The ticket:


Honoring T. Gwynn... the man:


Celebrating:


more:


national anthem:


huge flag:


Pre-game snacks day two:


More unhealthy snacks that will not be in my diet starting tomorrow:


We needed something to wash down all the grease:


Heading in, day two:

Here's a video I took on my camera on the second night after the bottom of the 9th win:









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great recovery week and did all the recuperating, both physical and mental, that you needed to. Can't wait to see how you dive back in. French fries. Sigh...so not on my regular diet!