Friday, January 12, 2007

Big Weekend and a couple of races...


This weekend is going to be a big one and I am not just refering to my workouts. The Chargers play the Patriots @ 130pm on Sunday and I will be glued to my couch with snacks and a beer.

Training this week has been solid. I had to work late last night and didn't get home until 11pm. I got to bed around 1130pm and still made my 6am Masters workout this morning and actually had a good swim. I feel like I am starting to get some speed back in the pool. I kind of felt a little slow last week but felt a lot better this week. I am really not focusing on speed right now. That will come as I race day approaches.

This weekend should be pretty interesting. I will be doing a huge brick on Saturday and then Sunday I am going to have to get on it early. I need to get in a 1:45 run, 30 min Swim, and a strength session(lowerbody/core) all before 1pm.

I have also decided to do a couple of races prior to the 70.3. I will be doing the San Dieguito Half Marathon (2/11) and the Desert Classic Duathlon (2/25). I ran the San Dieguito half last year and it will be my first "repeat race". Last year I ran it in 1:21:47 without even really knowing what I was doing, and I rode 35 miles the day before. I will defintely be training through this race and will probably have a big bike the day before, but I still think I am very capable of running much faster than last year.

The Desert Classic Du should be a good time. Again I will be training right through this race but I am still going to just go for it. Jim won this race last year and it usually brings out a solid pro/elite field. I will just be racing AG but it's always cool to see how my times stack up.

Off to the trails for an easy easy 30 min run... Go Chargers!

No comments: