Tuesday, February 28, 2006

warm and rainy tuesday...

it would have been really easy to hit snooze this morning considering it was absolutely pouring at 5am. i got up anyway or i probably wouldn't be writing this. i had already decided to swap my tuesday (normally ride) and thursday (swim) workouts on account of the weather. so i reluctantly headed off to the pool, in the rain. as i got closer it began to rain harder. when i got to the pool it was really warm for 6am, but it was still raining. long story short, i had a great swim and i am glad that i got out of bed and into the pool. this is going to sound kind of ridiculous but it reminded me of a gatorade or nike commercial. here i was all by myself swimming laps in the pouring rain, it was just getting light, and the wind was blowing the palm trees that line the pool all over the place. i dont know it just struck me as kind of funny.

AM: swim (workout from Carlsbad Masters team/provided by coach)
3100M
200 pull
8 x 100 @ 2:00
200 pull
6 x 100 @ 1:55
200 pull
4 x 100 @ 1:50
200 pull
2 x 100 @ 1:45
200 pull
1 x 100 FAST

I was averaging 1:28-9 on my most of my intervals. a couple slipped to 1:31 and my fastest was 1:27. it's crazy to think just a month or two ago i was only able to average 1:45 (at best) on 100 repeats. seeing the improvement definitely keeps me getting up 5am and anxious to get in the pool.

the rest of my day is going to depend on the rain. it's supposed to stop around 3pm. if it does i am gonig to do my track workout. 4 x 1 mile with 2:30 rest. if the rain keeps up i going to head to a spin class tonight. i wanna run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, warm and rainy. What a dream day for a run. Glad you made it to the pool...I always assume that when folks talk about "the pool" that it's an indoor pool...how FUN to swim outside in the rain!! You must've felt so studly.... Go ahead and run in the rain...the only bad that might come of it is blisters but you surely won't melt!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice job at the pool. I dropped you an email regardng Saturday.