Friday, June 20, 2008

Back at home.

After a long day of travel Beth and I made it back to San Diego on Wednesday. Our vacations were awesome but we were both definitely glad to be home. The last couple of days have been spent unpacking, doing laundry, and catching up on work.

gotta love this...


Last night we cruised down to the TCSD aquathlon in La Jolla. After keeping it super mellow since the race on Sunday I decided to do the race. I mean it's only a 1000m swim and 3 mile run. We got down there nice and early and just enjoyed the sun... we have come back to perfect summer weather! I actually felt pretty good warming up and was ready to go.

post race chow fest!


The swim was solid. I swam in my new Zoot Zenith and felt fast! I hung with a good pack of guys that are usually out of the water ahead of me. Solid. I think I got out on the run in the top 15 out of 200+. We definitely have some fast fish in the club. The run was hard... more mentally than physically. I just didn't have what it takes to dig deep enough to get on the podium. I ran my way into 4th and just hung on. I think on another day I may have been able to track down the 2nd and 3rd place guys, but they both were running fast and had good races. Beth had a solid race too... she had little problem getting out of her suit, but once she did she layed down and tracked down a bunch of fast chicks.... get it dog!

I am fried... mentally. I definitely need a break from racing. I am happy with where my fitness is right now. My body feels great but I definitely need to get back to some base training which I am really looking forward. I am ready to hit roads for some long rides in prep for my end of the season races.

That's it for now... back to the laundry and unpacking... oh yeah.. and work!!!

6 comments:

:) said...

relax and breathe....you deserve some down time...!

Ryan D said...

i hate the inbox.

congrats on a sweet first half of the season - you def killed it! and your summer road trip has got to be one for the books!!!

GZ said...

You can fool me with that big of a unread mailbox ... those are system notices, right?

Either that or it is the FCC looking to contact you to make sure you don't broadcast any youtube videos of you in that aqua-man bathing suit you have!

Seriously ... sweet run of races you had out east. Smart of you to sit back and relax for a bit. Enjoy that SD summer for a bit and catch up on the Vo2MAXXED posts.

Live it.

Paul said...

Welcome back! It was great to see you and Beth last night. Good work on your swim. :)

I hear you! It was tough to get going on the run, but what a day huh? Gotta love SD.

ll said...

definitely your season so far has been amazing! keep up the good work1

Cliff said...

u know..90% of those emails are already pass and the work is done already :)

....