Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Virginia Day 5 - Recovery



I woke up yesterday morning and had a text from me homeboy/mentor Jim Vance. It said:
"Congrats on Solid race bro. Now shut it down and party hard"

That's exactly my plan. The last two weeks have been great but I can honestly say that I am ready for a break from racing... and it's more mental than physical. My body feels great and I love training but mentally I am kind of fried. Getting on the start line prepared to go full throttle takes a lot out of me and after giving it everything I have in the first three Xterra championship races I am ready to take a step back and relax for a couple of weeks.

It all started yesterday. Beth and I lounged around on the beach and then hit a beach-side bar for a couple of drinks while watching Tiger "do work." Amazing.



After the beach my brother, Courtney, Greyson, and Brittany cruised over the my parents house for dinner....

Filet mignon and an epic salad (mixed greens, strawberries, hearts of palm, almonds, and goat cheese)


more of the same is on tap for today... and then it's time to head home tomorrow and back to the grind!

7 comments:

Cliff said...

Jameson,

Congrats on 1st AG and 18th overall. That was great performance..as your coach say...party hard :)

:) said...

Live it up, bro...you deserve it.

(that salad looks amazing!)

GZ said...

Yeah ... getting back home and in the routine will get your head back. Awesome that you can get out there in VA with the family. And I now know what I want for dinner tonight.

LIVE IT

barndog said...

what? no green speedo on the beach?
congrats on another great race. inspiring to see such consistent execution!

Benson said...

Oh yeah!
Nice to kick back a bit and that steak and salad, man oh man, good food.
I'll bet you wish you could spend the whole summer like the past week?
We do too. Your races/vacation were awesome.

Benson said...

Oh yeah!
Nice to kick back a bit and that steak and salad, man oh man, good food.
I'll bet you wish you could spend the whole summer like the past week?
We do too. Your races/vacation were awesome.

Cody Waite said...

Awesome two weeks of racing. Rest up and then we begin Operation: Mountain Goat!